Giardini Basic Italian Leather Edge Paint - 20 colors, 30ml bottle
Made in Italy, the Giardini Basic Edge Paint is the most universal leather edge paint from the Giardini product range. The application is very similar to traditional leather edge paints, however the final product we hope you discover is of higher finishing and edge quality.
Giardini vs Fenice and others:
- Thicker edge with a single application
- 50% better cracking test
- 30% better adhesion
- Color resistance to UV rays
- 10x more sustainable and eco-friendly
- Better VOC (this means less unhealthy gases being let off)
About Giardini Basic Edge Paint:
The Basic Edge Paint is based on the polyurethane polymer MAXEDGE, which is an extension of Giardini’s first development in the field of leather edge paint. This edge paint was the first to almost completely abandon acrylic paint technology, thus becoming the starting point for future developments, and in particular as a foray into the ecological sustainability of edge paints.
For the color creation Giardini uses the highest quality pigments on the market, providing a range of 18 standard colors (all mixable with each other) from which another 100 shades have been created. These 118 colors are used and custom mixed by the worlds most famous luxury brands.
The solidity of the color and its UV resistance ensure that color choices are maintained over time.
- Application: By hand or machine
- Dry Time: 30 minutes at room temperature
- Storage Temperature: 50*F to 86*F (10*C to 30*C)
- Shelf Life: 36 months
- Heatable: Paint can be ironed. Do not exceed 195*F (90*C)
Application of the Basic Edge Paint:
- Not required, but we highly suggest first applying 1 coat of Basecoat Dense. This allows for an improvement in the adhesion and smooth consistency of the final quality of the leather edge, especially when working on leather edges of a medium-large width.
Once the Basecoat has dried, lightly sand the edges until the surface is smooth.
- Please see the video on this page on how to use the Basecoat.
Now apply the Basic Edge Paint color of your choice and allow it to dry completely.
- If you want a thicker edge repeat step 1 and apply a 2nd layer of Basecoat. You may not need to sand if the edges are smooth.
By nature, the basic edge paint has a standard opacity, but if you wish to have a glossy or extra-matte effect, you can apply a glossy or matte topcoat in order to get the desired finish.
You can leave the edge as is, or, if you prefer to treat the edge further you can brush, sand, or apply a heat iron to the edge.
- Not required, but if you prefer a thicker edge you can apply a 2nd coat of basic edge paint.