Horween Chromexcel Premium Leather Remnant Scrap Bundles
- Scrap bundles come with both large and small remnant pieces cut from all areas of the hide. These pieces are great for small leather items, trim, repairs, practice, and many other projects.
- Light Weight Bundles includes a random assortment of some or all of the following weights:
- 3.5-4 oz (Thickness: 1.4-1.6mm --- 1/16")
- 4.5-5 oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.0mm --- 5/64")
- 6-7 oz (Thickness: 2.4-2.8mm --- 3/32")
Grade: All scrap comes from #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) leather sides - Please note that scrap remnants will often come with imperfections.
Back Side: natural, smooth.
The Tannery: Horween Leather Company of Chicago, IL, USA (est. 1905)
- Chromexcel: One of, if not the most popular of the Horween leathers, Aniline Chromexcel is hot-stuffed to infuse the leather with oils and greases to make a very comfortable and durable leather. It is then hand stained in a variety of colors. The leather is well known for its natural grain, rich pull-up and a gentle softness.
- What is "pull-up": When the leather is folded or flexed the greases inside the leather create a tonal effect on the top side of the leather. It can then be buffed out to its near original look. This adds an incredible amount of character to the leather.
- Horween leathers have been hand made since 1905 and still use many of its original tannages and techniques, while innovating with modern applications.
- Used for watch straps, wallets, small leather goods, shoes, clothing, bag straps, bags, and infinite other leather products.
**Please note these deals are FINAL SALE, and we cannot accept returns**