Newbury Crazy Horse Premium Leather Remnant Scrap Bundles
Color: Rattler Brown
- Scrap bundles come with both large and small remnant pieces cut from all areas of the hide. These pieces are great for small leather items, trim, repairs, practice, and many other projects.
- 3.0-4.0oz - Average 28 sq. ft.
- 4.5-5.5oz - Average 28 sq. ft.
- 5.5-6.5oz - Average 27 sq. ft.
Grade: All scrap comes from #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) leather sides - Please note that scrap remnants will often come with imperfections.
Back Side: Smooth, gum pasted, and refinished
The Tannery: Hides from the USA, tanned in the USA. Buckleguy House Leather.
- Crazy Horse leather is produced from North American Bovine Cow hides. As you will certainly discover, Crazy Horse leathers are known for an aggressive pull up, rugged appearance, and natural/earthy color tones. Crazy horse is a hot stuffed leather with a high grease content. The leather is tanned and produced with much of the natural characteristics of the hide to emphasize the uniqueness of the leather. There is a reason this leather has become a favorite in the leather accessory market!
- Crazy Horse vs Tortoise:
- Tortoise has a softer temper as it is tumbled in the drums for a significantly longer time. The grain is naturally pebbled due to this, whereas Crazy Horse has a smooth grain. Tortoise uses a harder wax creating a 'bursting' pull up, compared to a more fluid pull up in Crazy Horse. Tortoise surface has a 'wetter' wax appearance where Crazy Horse has a 'matte' surface appearance. Tortoise typically has more vibrant color tones, where Crazy Horse is typically darker.
- The leather is produced at a multi-generational tannery here in the USA. They are a 'made-to-order' tannery, adhering to strict requirements from clients at leading accessory fashion houses, boot makers, and the like.
- The tannery complies 100% with all USA environmental protection laws.
- All leather hides come from the USA, providing the tannery with the highest quality raw materials and a fully traceable supply chain.
- 100% Aniline finish: The use of transparent aniline dyes allows the unique grain texture of the hide to be visible.
- These leathers are commonly used for premium leather goods such as bags, wallets, boots, saddles, duffles, briefcases, equestrian, and other small leather accessories.
**Please note these deals are FINAL SALE, and we cannot accept returns**