Horween Dublin Premium Leather Remnant Scrap Bundles
Color: Brown Nut
- Scrap bundles come with both large and small remnant pieces cut from all areas of the hide. These pieces are great for small leather items, trim, repairs, practice, and many other projects.
- 8-9 oz (Thickness: 3.2-3.6mm --- 1/8"-9/64")
Grade: All scrap comes from #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) leather sides - Please note that scrap remnants will often come with imperfections.
Back Side: Unfinished, smooth
The Tannery: Horween Leather Company of Chicago, IL, USA (est. 1905)
- Dublin: Using the same tanning process of the Essex leathers, Dublin leathers are different in that they are then 'waxed' creating a more rustic look with pull-up. Dublin is a veg tanned leather with a rich blend of natural waxes. It retains many of the same characteristics of Essex leather such as being supple, however has darker surface colors that helps bring out the natural grain.
- Dublin is well know for its rugged look, ability to burnish and patina well over time, and a unique pull-up.
- What is "pull-up": When the leather is folded or flexed the greases inside the leather create a tonal effect on the top side of the leather. It can then be buffed out to its near original look. This adds an incredible amount of character to the leather.
- Horween leathers have been hand made since 1905 and still use many of its original tannages and techniques, while innovating with modern applications.
- Used for watch straps, wallets, small leather goods, shoes, clothing, bag straps, bags, and infinite other leather products.
**Please note these deals are FINAL SALE, and we cannot accept returns**