Horween Dublin Premium Leather Remnant Scrap Bundles
Color: Brown Nut
- We consider our leather scrap 'Premium'. All scrap bundles come with several large remnant pieces cut from all areas of the hide. These pieces are great for small leather items, trim, repairs, practice, and many other projects.
We are offering 2 different weight bundle options. A light weight variety bundle and a heavy weight bundle.
- Light Weight Bundles include a random assortment of some or all of the following weights:
Heavy Weight Bundles include only:
- 3.5-4 oz (Thickness: 1.4-1.6mm --- 1/16")
- 4.5-5 oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.0mm --- 5/64")
- 6-7 oz (Thickness: 2.4-2.8mm --- 3/32")
- 8-9 oz (Thickness: 3.2-3.6mm --- 1/8")
Grade: All scrap comes from a TR (Tannery Run) leather side - Please note that scrap remnants will often come with imperfections.
Back Side: Unfinished, smooth
The Tannery: Horween Leather Company of Chicago, IL, USA (est. 1905)
- Dublin: Using the same tanning process of the Essex leathers, Dublin leathers are different in that they are then 'waxed' creating a more rustic look with pull-up. Dublin is a veg tanned leather with a rich blend of natural waxes. It retains many of the same characteristics of Essex leather such as being supple, however has darker surface colors that helps bring out the natural grain.
- Dublin is well know for its rugged look, ability to burnish and patina well over time, and a unique pull-up.
- What is "pull-up": When the leather is folded or flexed the greases inside the leather create a tonal effect on the top side of the leather. It can then be buffed out to its near original look. This adds an incredible amount of character to the leather.
- Horween leathers have been hand made since 1905 and still use many of its original tannages and techniques, while innovating with modern applications.
- Used for watch straps, wallets, small leather goods, shoes, clothing, bag straps, bags, and infinite other leather products.