Horween Essex Premium Leather Remnant Scrap Bundles
- We consider our leather scrap 'Premium'. All scrap bundles come with several large remnant pieces cut from all areas of the hide. These pieces are great for small leather items, trim, repairs, practice, and many other projects.
We are offering 2 different weight bundle options. A light weight variety bundle and a heavy weight bundle.
- Light Weight Bundles include a random assortment of some or all of the following weights:
Heavy Weight Bundles include only:
- 3.5-4 oz (Thickness: 1.4-1.6mm --- 1/16")
- 4.5-5 oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.0mm --- 5/64")
- 6-7 oz (Thickness: 2.4-2.8mm --- 3/32")
- 8-9 oz (Thickness: 3.2-3.6mm --- 1/8")
Grade: All scrap comes from a TR (Tannery Run) leather sides - Please note that scrap remnants will often come with imperfections.
Back Side: Unfinished, smooth
The Tannery: Horween Leather Company of Chicago, IL, USA (est. 1905)
- Essex: Using the same tanning extracts as the Genuine Shell Cordovan, the Essex full grain leathers are a vegetable tanned side leather with tanning methods that are over 100 years old. Essex is distinguished by its oil blend that ages beautifully over time that are used on a large variety of products. There are also 2 waxed versions of Essex: Dublin and Derby, which are considered more 'rustic' versions of Essex.
- Essex is well known for being supple and soft with saturated colors, and a refined look.
- Horween leathers have been hand made since 1905 and still use many of its original tannages and techniques, while innovating with modern applications.
- Used for watch straps, wallets, small leather goods, shoes, clothing, bag straps, bags, and infinite other leather products.