Wickett & Craig Traditional Harness Premium Leather Remnant Scrap Bundles
Color: Buck Brown
- We consider our leather scrap 'Premium'. All scrap bundles come with several large remnant pieces cut from all areas of the hide. These pieces are great for small leather items, trim, repairs, practice, and many other projects.
We are offering 2 different weight bundle options. A light weight variety bundle and a heavy weight bundle.
- Light Weight Bundles includes a random assortment of some or all of the following weights:
Heavy Weight Bundles include only:
- 2.5-3 oz (Thickness: 1.0-1.2mm --- 3/64")
- 3.5-4 oz (Thickness: 1.4-1.6mm --- 1/16")
- 4.5-5 oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.0mm --- 5/64")
- 5.5-6 oz (Thickness: 2.2-2.4mm --- 3/32")
- 9-11 oz (Thickness: 3.6-4.4mm --- 9/64"-11/64")
Grade: All scrap comes from #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) leather sides - Please note that scrap remnants will often come with imperfections.
Back Side: Finished in Buck Brown, with gum paste!
The Tannery: Wickett & Craig of Curwensville, PA, USA (est. 1867)
- Traditional Harness: Quickly becoming one of Wickett's top leathers, traditional harness is known for its unique blend of waxes, oils and tallows, which are hot stuffed into the leather to bring out the true beauty of the leather and its grain. Utilizing a traditional process known as jack glazing, the oils are brought to the surface which creates a glossy finish that does not hide the leather's natural grain.
- Wickett & Craig "Traditional Harness" Leather is among the highest end vegetable tanned leathers in the world. Crafted in the USA, Wickett & Craig is known for quality, durability, and rich finishes.
- Traditional harness can be used for leather goods, belts, bags, high-end accessories, equestrian gear, and much more.
- A beautiful top side with rich color that easily stamps and tools if desired.
- The back side is refinished and 'gum pasted'. The gum paste gives an incredible waxy and smooth texture.
Traditional Harness vs English Bridle
- Simply put, traditional harness has a glossier top grain surface, whereas English Bridle is more matte. English Bridle has a more uniform color on the hide whereas traditional harness has more marbling, showing light and dark color tones across the hide. For more info please see the above description!