Newbury South Street Premium Leather Remnant Scrap Bundles
- Scrap bundles come with both large and small remnant pieces cut from all areas of the hide. These pieces are great for small leather items, trim, repairs, practice, and many other projects.
- 3.0-4.0oz (Thickness: 1.2-1.6mm --- 1/16")
- 4.5-5.5oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.2mm --- 5/64")
- 5.5-6.5oz (Thickness: 2.2-2.6mm --- 3/32")
Grade: All scrap comes from #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) leather sides - Please note that scrap remnants will often come with imperfections.
Back Side: Waxed & Smooth, Natural color
The Tannery: Hides from the USA, tanned in the USA. Buckleguy House Leather.
- South Street leather is an exclusive leather developed specifically for Buckleguy. It is a hot stuffed pull up leather, tripled waxed, and oiled. A key characteristic of this leather is that it has minimal bounce back, AKA 'form-fitting', meaning that when you scrunch or bend the leather it holds, making it ideal for accessory making, bags, boots, gloves, and more.
- Buckleguy altered the original tannage by adding a lanolin coating. The lanolin adds both a waxy texture to the surface, but also provides a natural oil to the leather protecting the leather from dying out.
- The leather is produced at a multi-generational tannery here in the USA. They are a 'made-to-order' tannery, adhering to strict requirements from clients at leading accessory fashion houses, boot makers, and the like.
- The tannery complies 100% with all USA environmental protection laws.
- All leather hides come from the USA, providing the tannery with the highest quality raw materials and a fully traceable supply chain.
- 100% Aniline finish: The use of transparent aniline dyes allows the unique grain texture of the hide to be visible.
- These leathers are commonly used for premium leather goods such as bags, wallets, boots, purses, briefcases, equestrian, and other small leather accessories.
**Please note these deals are FINAL SALE, and we cannot accept returns**