Wickett & Craig Skirting Veg Tanned Leather Scrap - Chestnut
The Tannery: Wickett & Craig of Curwensville, PA, USA (est. 1867)
- Skirting Leahter: Skirting leather displays similar characteristics as carving/tooling leathers as it is made for tooling, but it is drum dyed in a range of colors. And unlike English Bridle leather, skirting leather is not hot stuffed or waxed, and although it boasts a subtle natural color, it is made for tooling, molding, and takes finish very well.
- Like the other Wickett & Craig leathers, skirting leather is a completely vegetable tanned hide that is drum dyed in 4 colors and can be beautifully tooled and molded. Even though pre-dyed at the tannery, skirting leather will still take on dye and oil so that you can create your custom finish.
- Wickett & Craig Skirting Leather is among the highest end vegetable tanned leather in the world. Crafted in the USA, Wickett & Craig is known for quality, durability, and rich finishes.
- Used by crafters looking to stamp, mold, dye, finish and customize their leather for belts, bags, high-end leather goods and accessories, equestrian gear, and much more.
- The back side is refinished, with a clean flat back
- 8-10 oz (Thickness: 3.2-4.0mm --- 1/8"-5/32")
- 10-12 oz (Thickness: 4.0-4.8mm --- 5/32"-3/16")
- We consider our leather scrap 'Premium'. All scrap bundles come with several large remnant pieces cut from all areas of the hide. These pieces are great for small leather items, trim, repairs, practice, and many other projects.
Grade: #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) - Best quality at the Tannery, meaning the least amount of imperfections on the leather!
Back Side: Refinished in chestnut, with a clean flat back
**Please note these deals are FINAL SALE, and we cannot accept returns**