Bunee Woven Leather Sheets
Our Bunee (boo-knee) leather is a 100% hand woven leather sheet made up of 1/8" inch (3mm) strips tightly woven together. We use goat leather as it is a soft, durable, and lightweight. The edges of the 39" x 31" panels are sewn together to hold the weave in place. After cutting you will need to sew the edge to hold the weave together. You can also choose to add your own fabric backing or leave it natural (without backing). If left natural there will be small gaps between the weave, but rest assured the tight weave will hold together over time! Weaving leather is an age old art form that takes time and skill, and we hope you find our quality up to your standard!
Color: Medium Brown
Cut/Size: 39" x 31" Sheet (1 meter x 0.8 meter)
Bunee Leather Specs:
- Grain Type: Full Grain
- Grain (Top): Smooth
- Grain Flesh (Back Side): Smooth, option to purchase with or without fabric.
- Finish: 100% Aniline
- Dye: Struct Through - (Color is dyed fully through the leather from top to bottom)
- Temper (Stiffness): Semi-soft - (Soft and pliable. Little to no firmness)
- Type of Leather: Goat
- Tannage: Chrome tanned with a vegetable retannage
- Grade: #1 and #2 - Best quality at the Tannery, meaning the least amount of imperfections on the leather!
Size: 1/8" (3mm) wide strips
- Single strip: 2.5-3oz (Thickness: 1.0-1.2mm --- 3/64")
- Two layers woven: 5-5.5oz (Thickness: 2.0-2.2mm --- 5/64")
The Tannery: India. Buckleguy House Leather
- Bunee is our hand woven leather tanned and woven in India by a team of women artisans. Goat leather has particular characteristics that make it perfect for weaving such as being soft, durable and lightweight. The design and production of woven leathers is age old, but has recently resurfaced becoming a modern and elegant design in todays accessory market.
- When cutting or clicking out shapes from the sheets without a fabric backing you will need to sew the edges of your cutting to hold the weave together.
- You can choose to add your own fabric backing or leave it natural (without backing). If left natural there will be small gaps between the weave, but it will hold together over time!
- 100% Aniline finish: The use of transparent aniline dyes allows the unique grain texture of the hide to be visible.
- These woven leather sheets are commonly used for unique leather goods such as bags, shoes, purses, totes, handbags, sandals, and other leather accessories.