**Please Note: This kit is made to order and are being made in 7-14 days at this time. If you have a kit on your order, and choose an expedited shipping method, such as FedEx Overnight or FedEx 2nd day it will not ship same day.**
Vertical 4 Pocket Wallet Leather Kit - DIY
Switch it up from the traditional horizontal wallet and get vertical! This 4 Pocket Vertical Wallet is the perfect switch from the traditional horizontal wallet. With 2 pockets for cards, and 2 larger pockets (3” x 4”) for additional storage, this hand stitching project is fun and rewarding.
This kit comes with just about everything you need to make your own Vertical wallet! The only additional tools required are water and a lighter.
- 5 pcs - Pre-cut, pre-punched, and pre-skived 3.5-4oz leather pieces (you choose the leather)
- 120 inches - 0.8mm Ritza 25 Tiger Thread (*you choose the color - if no choice is made, you will receive most similar thread to your leather color*)
- 2 pcs - Harness Sewing Needles for saddle stitching
- 1 pc - Beeswax for burnishing
- 1 pc - Sandpaper for edges
- 1 pc - Beachwood edge burnisher (optional)
- 1 pc - Thread nippers (optional)
- Instructions - Step-by-step & How-to
Experience Level: Beginner.
Skills Learned & Used:
- Hand Stitching
- Edge Burnishing
Finished Closed Dimensions: 3 inch x 4 inch (LxH)
Instructions: Included in EVERY kit is a fully detailed, step-by-step instruction sheet. We also show you how to perfect your craft from hand-stitching techniques to achieving the perfect burnish! And if you have more questions, just give us a call!
*This kit includes small items that can be a choking hazard*
About the Materials:
What sets our kits apart are the materials that go into them. The materials that you are using go into some of the highest end products in the world as they are known for quality, durability, and beauty.
- Wickett & Craig - Vachetta: 100% vegetable tanned, however this leather is staked meaning is has a softer feel than the English Bridle. What makes natural vachetta leather so special is the caramel patina it develops with use.
- Want to learn more about Wickett leather? Click here
- Horween - Chromexcel: Chromexcel is hot-stuffed with oils and greases making a comfortable and durable leather. It is known for its natural grain and rich pull-up. This is softer than both Wickett bridle and vachetta.
- Want to learn more about Horween leather? Click here
- Valdibrana- Italian Vachetta: Vachetta leather is a special type of vegetable tanned leather that uses animal fats (tallow) and oils, as well as other natural vegetable oils. Vachetta leathers tend to be softer than other veg tan leathers such as bridle and harness.
- Want to learn more about Valdibrana Leather? Click here
- Ritza 25 Tiger Thread: Braided polyester cord made in Germany. Polyester is known for offering the highest levels of strength and durability.
- Want to learn more about Ritza 25 Tiger Thread? Click here