**Please Note: This kit is may take 1-2 days to prepare. If you have a kit on your order, and choose an expedited shipping method, such as FedEx Overnight or FedEx 2nd day it may not ship same day.**
Glasses Case Leather Kit - DIY
Ready to make a glasses or sunglasses case with some of the finest materials?! This kit is great if you are just starting out in leather craft or need a crafty gift. The glasses case kit features an outside edge stitch design with a securing strap and loop. The inside comfortably fits any glasses or sunglasses size, and the strap can help tighten to keep them safe from bumping around.
This kit comes with just about everything you need to make this leather glasses holder. The only additional tools required is some water and a lighter!
- 4 pcs - Pre-cut & pre-punched 4.5-5oz leather pieces (you choose the leather)
- 50 inches - 0.8mm Ritza 25 Tiger Thread (*you choose the color - if no choice is made, you will receive most similar thread to your leather color*)
- 2 pcs - Harness Sewing Needles for saddle stitching
- 1 pc - Beeswax for burnishing
- 1 pc - Beachwood edge burnisher (optional)
- 1 pc - Thread nippers (optional)
- 1 pc - Sandpaper for edges
- Instructions - Step-by-step & How-to
Experience Level: Beginner. A fun starter kit that comes with pre-punched leather and everything you need!
Skills Learned & Used:
- Hand Stitching
- Edge Burnishing
Dimensions: 6.5 inch x 1 inch x 2.5 inch (LxWxH)
Instructions: Included in EVERY kit are links to fully detailed, step-by-step instructions. We also show you how to perfect your craft from hand-stitching techniques to achieving the perfect burnish! And if you have more questions, just give us a call!
*This kit includes small items that can be a choking hazard*
About the Materials:
What sets our kits apart are the materials that go into them. The materials that you are using go into some of the highest end products in the world as they are known for quality, durability, and beauty.
- Wickett & Craig - Vachetta: 100% vegetable tanned, however this leather is staked meaning is has a softer feel than the English Bridle. What makes natural vachetta leather so special is the caramel patina it develops with use.
- Want to learn more about Wickett leather? Click here
- Horween - Chromexcel: Chromexcel is hot-stuffed with oils and greases making a comfortable and durable leather. It is known for its natural grain and rich pull-up. This is softer than both Wickett bridle and vachetta.
- Want to learn more about Horween leather? Click here
- Valdibrana- Italian Vachetta: Vachetta leather is a special type of vegetable tanned leather that uses animal fats (tallow) and oils, as well as other natural vegetable oils. Vachetta leathers tend to be softer than other veg tan leathers such as bridle and harness.
- Want to learn more about Valdibrana Leather? Click here
- Ritza 25 Tiger Thread: Braided polyester cord made in Germany. Polyester is known for offering the highest levels of strength and durability.
- Want to learn more about Ritza 25 Tiger Thread? Click here