Richard Hoffmans Leather Side - Sprinter Nevada - Tan
The Tannery: Richard Hoffmans of Nettetal, Germany (est. 1899)
- Sprinter Nevada: Sprinter Nevada is a full grain, embossed (AKA plated) and tumbled leather. The embossing procedure is where the leather is stamped with a grain texture, giving the grain a very consistent look. Rather than being shrunken and tumbled to achieve a natural grain texture like the standard 'Sprinter' leather, the 'Sprinter Nevada' leather is plated, so not as natural of a grain texture, but giving the grain a more consistent texture throughout the entire skin. It is a 100% aniline finish and is water repellant. It is a chrome leather.
- Temper: Soft (Extremely flexible and pliable. No firmness) - not as soft as standard 'Sprinter"
- Grain: Embossed and tumbled
- Used for bags, small leather goods and accessories, shoes, and more.
- The leather is struck through meaning it has the same color throughout, including the back side.
- About the Tannery - Richard Hoffmans: A 5th generation tannery (est. 1899), Richard Hoffmans is a GOLD RATED German tannery focusing on high-end, contemporary fashion leather with clients that include leading fashion houses from France, Italy, and the USA. Hoffmans is heavily focused on innovation through continuous research and development with raw material selection that comes from strict criteria and the best European cattle. Hoffmans also maintains the certification of ECOL - Energy Controlled Leather.
Weight: 4-4.5 oz (Thickness: 1.6-1.8mm --- 1/16")
Size: Average 23 sq. ft.
Color: Tan (100% aniline finish)
Back Side: Struck through Tan