Seiwa Tokonole Leather Burnishing Gum
Colors & Sizes:
- Clear: 20mL, 120mL and 500mL
- Black: 120mL
- Brown: 120mL
Seiwa Burnishing Gum is a water based, low V.O.C., natural gum based edge slicking and burnishing compound for use on natural or colored veg-tanned leather. Produces a professional looking, smooth, shiny, burnished edge.
Directions for use:
- Shake well before use. For best results, first bevel the edge of leather with an edge beveler.
- Apply a thin coat of Tokonole Burnishing Gum to the leather edge with a wool dauber, cloth or slightly damp sponge.
- Rub edge very briskly with an edge slicker, bone folder, or piece of canvas.
- As the Burnishing Gum dries and heats up due to friction caused by rubbing, the treated edge will darken and shine.
- Repeat until desired burnish is made.
Note: Use caution when applying Burnishing Gum on leather that is going to be stained, antiqued, or dyed as it may resist or block penetration.