Valdibrana Conceria, Tarano Italian Vachetta Leather Double Shoulder
Our 'Valdibrana' Italian Vachetta leather is from one of the 21 Italian Vegetable Tanned Consortium Tanneries. The 'Tarano' leather is our line of bovine (cow) veg tan Vachetta leather.
Color: Medium Brown (100% Aniline)
Cut: Double Shoulder
- 3-3.5oz (Thickness: 1.2-1.4mm --- 3/64")
- 4.5-5oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.0mm --- 5/64")
- 7.5-8oz (Thickness: 3.0-3.2mm --- 1/8")
Size: Average 14 sq. ft.
- ~ 38"-42" inches tall
- ~ 40"-52" inches wide
Grade: #1 and #2 - Best quality at the Tannery, meaning the least amount of imperfections on the leather!
Back Side: Medium Brown struck through, buffed and smooth
The Tannery: 'Valdibrana Conceria' Tuscany, Italy
- Vachetta leather is a special type of vegetable tanned leather that uses animal fats (tallow) and oils, as well as other natural vegetable oils. Vachetta leathers tend to be softer than other veg tan leathers such as bridle and harness.
- Rebranded under our own name, we represent one of the leading family run Italian veg tan consortium tanneries in Tuscany. 'Tarano' is the name for our Vachetta line.
- These cow leathers are known for their smooth grain texture and beautiful array of rich colors. The medium temper and 'hand' of these leathers allow for making beautiful products.
- 100% Aniline finish: The use of transparent aniline dyes allows the unique full grain texture of the hide to be visible.
- Great yields. You will find that nearly the entire full grain double shoulder is usable.
- These leathers are commonly used for higher end leather goods such as wallets, handbags, purses, briefcases, key fobs, and other small accessories.
- Pelle Vegetable: The Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium regulates, protects and guarantees the production of vegetable tanned leather in Tuscany through the product brand Vegetable Tanned Leather in Tuscany.