Conceria Walpier, Buttero, Italian Vachetta Leather Panels
Walpier Buttero is a premium Vachetta leather from one of the 21 Italian Vegetable Consortium Tanneries. The 'Buttero' leather has a smooth grain and is well known for its array of rich and beautiful colors.
Buttero Leather Specs:
- Grain Type: Full Grain
- Grain (Top): Smooth
- Grain Flesh (Back Side): Buffed and smooth
- Temper (Stiffness): Medium - (Slightly firm and less rigid. Moderately pliable.)
- Finish: 100% Aniline
- Dye: Struct Through - (Color is dyed fully through the leather from top to bottom)
- Type of Leather: Bovine (cow)
- Grade: #1 and #2 - Best quality at the Tannery, meaning the least amount of imperfections on the leather!
- 2.5-3oz (Thickness: 1.0-1.2mm --- 3/64")
- 3.5-4oz (Thickness: 1.4-1.6mm --- 1/16")
- 4.5-5oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.0mm --- 5/64")
- 6.5-7oz (Thickness: 2.6-2.8mm --- 7/64")
- 0.5 Square Foot: 6.5 inch x 11 inch (16.5cm x 28cm)
- 1.0 Square Foot: 13 inch x 11 inch (33.0cm x 28cm)
- 1.5 Square Foot: 19.5 inch x 11 inch (49.5cm x 28cm)
- 2.0 Square Foot: 26 inch x 11 inch (66.0cm x 28cm)
The Tannery: Walpier Conceria, Tuscany, Italy (est. 1974)
- Walpier Buttero leather is a purely of vegetable tanned leather with a smooth grain structure. Veg leather uses animal fats (tallow) and other natural vegetable oils. Vachetta leathers tend to be softer than other veg tan leathers such as bridle and harness.
- Walpier is very similar to our Valdibrana leather - both Tanneries being part of the Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium in Italy.
- These cow leathers are known for their smooth grain texture and beautiful array of rich colors. The medium temper and 'hand' of these leathers allow for making beautiful products.
- 100% Aniline finish: The use of transparent aniline dyes allows the unique full grain texture of the hide to be visible.
- These leathers are commonly used for higher end leather goods such as totes, wallets, bags, purses, briefcases, key fobs, and other small leather accessories.
- Pelle Vegetable: The Genuine Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather Consortium regulates, protects and guarantees the production of vegetable tanned leather in Tuscany through the product brand Vegetable Tanned Leather in Tuscany.