Wickett & Craig "English" Bridle Veg Tanned Leather Belly - Carrot
** Please note: Bellies are typically considered scrap leather. They are good for small cuttings and for practicing your leather work. Bellies will have areas of looseness, holes, scratch marks, and other blemishes. Our Wickett & Craig bellies range from about 3-5 square feet. We have these split down to weight at the tannery.**
The Tannery: Wickett & Craig of Curwensville, PA, USA (est. 1867)
- English Bridle: The most popular of the Wickett & Craig leathers, English bridle leather is drum dyed in a range of finishes, then hot stuffed with waxes making this leather smooth and flexible with a waxy texture.
- Wickett & Craig "English" Bridle Leather is among the highest end vegetable tanned leathers in the world. Crafted in the USA, Wickett & Craig is known for quality, durability, and rich finishes.
- Used for belts, bags, high-end leather goods and accessories, equestrian gear, and much more.
- A beautiful top side with rich color that easily stamps and tools if desired.
- 8-10 oz (Thickness: 3.2-4.0mm --- 1/8"-5/32")
- 10-12 oz (Thickness: 4.0-4.8mm --- 5/32"-3/16")
Size: Average 3-5 sq. ft.
Grade: These are bellies, therefore the quality is not great. Expect loose areas, holes, scratch marks, and other blemishes.
Back Side: Refinished in carrot, with gum paste!
Traditional Harness vs English Bridle
- Simply put, traditional harness has a glossier top grain surface, whereas English Bridle is more matte. English Bridle has a more uniform color on the hide whereas traditional harness has more marbling, showing light and dark color tones across the hide. For more info please see the above description!