Wickett & Craig "English" Bridle Veg Tanned Leather Side - Burgundy
The Tannery: Wickett & Craig of Curwensville, PA, USA (est. 1867)
- English Bridle: The most popular of the Wickett & Craig leathers, English bridle leather is drum dyed in a range of finishes, then hot stuffed with waxes making this leather smooth and flexible with a waxy texture.
- Wickett & Craig "English" Bridle Leather is among the highest end vegetable tanned leathers in the world. Crafted in the USA, Wickett & Craig is known for quality, durability, and rich finishes.
- Used for belts, bags, high-end leather goods and accessories, equestrian gear, and much more.
- A beautiful top side with rich color that easily stamps and tools if desired.
- The back side is refinished and 'gum pasted'. The gum paste gives an incredible waxy and smooth texture.
- 2.5-3 oz (Thickness: 1.0-1.2mm --- 3/64")
- 3.5-4 oz (Thickness: 1.4-1.6mm --- 1/16")
- 4.5-5 oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.0mm --- 5/64")
- 5.5-6 oz (Thickness: 2.2-2.4mm --- 3/32")
- 8-10 oz (Thickness: 3.2-4.0mm --- 1/8"-5/32")
- 10-12 oz (Thickness: 4.0-4.8mm --- 5/32"-3/16")
Size: Average 25 sq. ft.
Grade: #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) - Best quality at the Tannery, meaning the least amount of imperfections on the leather!
Back Side: Refinished in burgundy, with gum paste!
Traditional Harness vs English Bridle
- Simply put, traditional harness has a glossier top grain surface, whereas English Bridle is more matte. English Bridle has a more uniform color on the hide whereas traditional harness has more marbling, showing light and dark color tones across the hide. For more info please see the above description!