Wickett & Craig "Milled" Traditional Harness Deer Embossed Veg Tanned Leather Side - Russet
The Tannery: Wickett & Craig of Curwensville, PA, USA (est. 1867)
- 'Milled' Traditional Harness - Deer Embossed: A modification of the standard traditional harness leather, the milled traditional harness leather that we stock utilizes the same unique blend of waxes, oils and tallows, which are hot stuffed into the leather to bring out the true beauty of the leather and its grain. However, upon completion the top grain is embossed with a deer print. It then enters a milling process in which the leather is tumbled in large drums which accentuates the deer embossing giving the leather a beautifully textured grain.
- Wickett & Craig "Traditional Harness" Leather is among the highest end vegetable tanned leathers in the world. Crafted in the USA, Wickett & Craig is known for quality, durability, and rich finishes.
- Traditional harness can be used for leather goods, belts, bags, high-end accessories, equestrian gear, and much more.
- The back side is refinished and 'gum pasted'. The gum paste gives an incredible waxy and smooth texture.
- 3.5-4 oz (Thickness: 1.4-1.6mm --- 1/16")
- 5.5-6 oz (Thickness: 2.2-2.4mm --- 3/32")
Size: Average 24 sq. ft.
Grade: #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) - Best quality at the Tannery, meaning the least amount of imperfections on the leather!
Back Side: Refinished in russet, with gum paste!