Wickett & Craig Skirting Veg Tanned Leather Side - Russet
The Tannery: Wickett & Craig of Curwensville, PA, USA (est. 1867)
- Skirting Leahter: Skirting leather displays similar characteristics as carving/tooling leathers as it is made for tooling, but it is drum dyed in a range of colors. And unlike English Bridle leather, skirting leather is not hot stuffed or waxed, and although it boasts a subtle natural color, it is made for tooling, molding, and takes finish very well.
- Like the other Wickett & Craig leathers, skirting leather is a completely vegetable tanned hide that is drum dyed in 4 colors and can be beautifully tooled and molded. Even though pre-dyed at the tannery, skirting leather will still take on dye and oil so that you can create your custom finish.
- Wickett & Craig Skirting Leather is among the highest end vegetable tanned leather in the world. Crafted in the USA, Wickett & Craig is known for quality, durability, and rich finishes.
- Used by crafters looking to stamp, mold, dye, finish and customize their leather for belts, bags, high-end leather goods and accessories, equestrian gear, and much more.
- The back side is refinished, with a clean flat back
- 8-10 oz (Thickness: 3.2-4.0mm --- 1/8"-5/32")
- 10-12 oz (Thickness: 4.0-4.8mm --- 5/32"-3/16")
Size: Average 25 sq. ft.
Grade: #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) - Best quality at the Tannery, meaning the least amount of imperfections on the leather!
Back Side: Refinished in russet, with a clean flat back