BG 180° Convertible Hand or Foot Press
- 180° Convertible Hand or Foot Press
- Tool stand
- 3 Die Adaptors: 1) BG Standard, 2) US West Coast, 3) European M6
- Tool Set: wrenches, Allen keys, ram pin
- Table Top Stand
- Pedal System
- Depth plate with distance measurements
- Support plate with distance measurements
The development of the BG 180° Hand/Foot Press
Our patent pending hand press design took over 2 years in development and testing. We reviewed countless hand presses from decades past and those on the market today from simple entry level presses to full production presses. We learned the key elements on each of the presses, what set them apart and what they lacked. We made sure the expected functions of a press were adopted and then added new features along with the ability to add components and accessories down the road. The press is made to suit both crafters and large manufactures. Our production partner in Europe are a team of engineers that specialize in manual and automated presses for leather and textile manufacturers. We leaned on their decades of engineering knowledge to enhance the press with features that modernized the basic hand press.
- Convertible: Convertible from a table top hand press to a stand up foot press. Table top and pedal system sold separately.
- 180° Lever: Hand lever can be switched 180° from a forward pulling position to a backward pushing position.
- Die Adaptor & Tray: Fits multiple setter die specs. Most presses only fit one setting tool spec. Rather than fitting just one, we provide 3 adaptors to fit the 3 most common dies in the world. So if you have your own rivet setter dies, there's a good chance we have an adaptor to fit it. Just check the images to see the specs. Comes with adaptor tray for easy storage.
- Undercut: The base at the front of the press has an undercut in order to slide in pockets and pre-constructed items while setting.
- Throat Depth: Throat depth of 5.5" inches to fit long items. And 1-1/2" gap between center of press.
- Accessories: Accessories can be added such as depth plates, base plates, and more.
- Adjustable setter height: Items such as rivets and snaps have ideal setting limits. You never want to apply too much pressure which can cause post cracking or not enough where it's not secure. The adjustable height feature allows you to dial in the exact height for setting.
- Compound effect: Like a compound bow you need less strenght and it applies more pressure rather than regular pressure like other presses.
- Oil Port: Oil port at the top of the press to allow for lubrication of the ram and shaft.
- Base Holes: Screw holes in base plate to allow for securing to a table.
The questions we asked:
- Q: Do users like the forward facing lever when setting, or the back facing lever?
- A: Why not have the ability for both. So we engineered 180° lever where you can remove the lever and install it front or back based on your preference
- Q: What setter die specs should be compatible with this press?
- A: Allow the press to be compatible with all dies. We provide inserts with every press that can be switched in and out based on the specs of your dies. A question we get asked every day is, "Will your press work with my setter dies?" We can now say 'yes'.
- Q: What if users prefer a kick press instead of a hand press?
- A: Make it convertible. This press can be converted into a kick press by adding on the table and pedal system components. This also allows user to start with the hand press and if they want to upgrade they don't have to invest in a whole new system
- Q: What accessories show we develop?
- A: Aligning location and distances are features that improve efficiency and accuracy, so we developed accessories to help! We also have holes and areas where we can add more accessories in the future.
- Q: Who is the user?
- A: Everyone. We needed to make a press that was usable for the entry level crafter, but with the function for large scale manufacturing, all while achieving an agreeable price point.
- Q: What products are people making with a hand press?
- A: Design it for making both small and large items. It has an inner depth to accept long items. The front base will overhand the edge of a table so you can get inside of pockets and inner areas. You can adjust the maximum setting depth of the upper die for exact setting results.
Compatible with all BG Standard Dies and West Coast dies sold on our website.
- Diameter of threaded upper die: 7.8mm and a 1.411mm thread pitch
- Diameter of anvil (not threaded): 18.9mm
- Throat Depth: 4.5" (114.3 mm) (From center of setter die)
- Weight: 30 lbs
***Requires Setters Sold Separately***