Fil Au Chinois Lin Cable, Waxed Linen Thread - 100% Corded Waxed Linen - Dark Brown
Imported from France, Lin Cable is twisted linen that is assembled a second time, moistened, lightly waxed, and re-twisted. This moistening prevents the linen fibers from distorting. Cabling increases the resistance, giving a nicely rounded thread generally used for hand sewing luxury leather and canvas goods.
Length & Thickness :
- 832: 0.43mm thread diameter = 375 meter spool (410 yards)
- 632: 0.51mm thread diameter = 285 meter spool (312 yards)
- 532: 0.57mm thread diameter = 250 meter spool (274 yards)
- 432: 0.63mm thread diameter = 200 meter spool (218 yards)
- 332: 0.77mm thread diameter = 133 meter spool (145 yards)
Color: Dark Brown
Fil Au Chinois Thread Thickness Chart
|Thickness||Weight||Rec. Harness Needle||Rec. Glovers Needle|
|0.43mm - (.017")||832 - ultra light weight||517-2 - Click here||518-2 - Click here|
|0.51mm - (.020")||632 - light weight||517-2 - Click here||518-2 - Click here|
|0.57mm - (.022")||532 - medium weight||517-2 - Click here||518-2 - Click here|
|0.63mm - (.025")||432 - heavy weight||517-2 - Click here||518-2 - Click here|
|0.77mm - (.030")||332 - ultra heavy weight||517-0 - Click here||518-0 - Click here|
Harness Needles vs. Glovers Needles
- Harness needles have a rounded tip. More often used on leather where holes are pre-made with pricking irons or punches.
- Glovers needles have a sharpened tip. More often used with canvas or fabric where pre-made holes are not needed. Can be used on leather but will take more force to pierce through the leather.