Horween Cavalier Leather Shoulder - Ink
Size: Average 4-6 sq. ft.
- 3.5-4 oz (Thickness: 1.4-1.6mm --- 7/128"-1/16")
- 4.5-5 oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.0mm --- 9/128"-5/64")
- 6-7 oz (Thickness: 2.4-2.8mm --- 3/32"-7/64")
- 8-9 oz (Thickness: 3.2-3.6mm --- 1/8"-9/64")
Grade: TR (Tannery Run)
Back Side: Unfinished, smooth
The Tannery: Horween Leather Company of Chicago, IL, USA (est. 1905)
- Cavalier: The Horween Cavalier leather is an almost identical leather when compared to the Chromexcel, but slightly less oily. There are some slight adjustments to the tannage that allows the Cavalier leather to have brighter colors, and 'brighter names', such as: Sunflower, Plum, London Bus Red, Ink Blue, and Carolina Brown to name a few! The leather is chrome tanned with a heavy vegetable re-tannage. Cavalier is hot stuffed to impregnate the oils and waxes into the leather to provide a rich look with strong pull-up along with bright colors.
- Cavalier and Chromexcel are both hot-stuffed to infuse the leather with oils and greases to make a very comfortable and durable leather. It is then hand stained in a variety of colors. The leather is well known for its natural grain, rich pull-up and a gentle softness.
- What is "pull-up": When leather is folded or flexed the greases in the leather create a tonal effect on the surface of the leather. It can then be buffed out to its near original look. It can provide the leather with a unique marbled look.
- Horween leathers have been hand made since 1905 in Chicago, IL and still use many of its original tannages and techniques.
- These leathers are used for watch straps, shoes, wallets, small leather goods, key chains, pet accessories, bag straps, bags, and more.