Wickett & Craig 'American Vachetta' Leather Shoulder - Natural
- Average 6-8 sq. ft.
- Average 8-10 sq. ft.
- 8-10 oz (Thickness: 3.2-4.0mm --- 1/8"-5/32")
- 10-12 oz (Thickness: 4.0-4.8mm --- 5/32"-3/16")
Grade: #1 and #2 (Standard & Utility) - Best quality at the Tannery, meaning the least amount of imperfections on the leather!
Back Side: Natural unfinished
The Tannery: Wickett & Craig of Curwensville, PA, USA (est. 1867)
- American Vachetta: Wickett & Criag's natural 'American Vachetta' leather was originally developed with a special mix of compounds and modeled after the European style Vachetta. What makes Vachetta leather so special is the patina it develops with use. Aging to a caramel color, the American Vachetta will quickly burnish to a rich patina. Another factor that typically sets Vachetta leather apart is its softer temper and rounder hand when compared to the Wickett natural carving leather.
- American Vachetta vs Natural Carving:
- Vachetta has a softer temper (less stiff)
- Vachetta will patina to a caramel color, while natural carving will become more of a pink.
- This is a natural untreated leather and so is made to take on dye and oil exceptionally well so that you can create your desired finish.
- Used by crafters looking to stamp, mold, dye, finish and customize their leather for belts, bags, high-end leather goods and accessories, equestrian gear, and much more.
- The back is natural and unfinished with a clean flat back.