Wickett & Craig Carving Crust Veg Tanned Leather Belly - Havana
** Please note: Bellies are typically considered scrap leather. They are good for small cuttings and for practicing your leather work. Bellies will have areas of looseness, holes, scratch marks, and other blemishes. Our Wickett & Craig bellies range from about 3-5 square feet. We have these split down to weight at the tannery. The back side of the belly is not refinished and therefore has splotchy areas of Havana color and other areas of natural color throughout. **
The Tannery: Wickett & Craig of Curwensville, PA, USA (est. 1867)
- Carving leather: Carving leather is a completely vegetable tanned hide. This belly is finished in a Havana color and can be beautifully tooled and molded. This leather is made to take on dye and oil exceptionally well so that you can create your desired finish.
- Wickett & Craig Carving Leather is among the highest end vegetable tanned leather in the world. Crafted in the USA, Wickett & Craig is known for quality, durability, and rich finishes.
- Used by crafters looking to stamp, mold, dye, finish and customize their leather for belts, bags, high-end leather goods and accessories, equestrian gear, and much more.
- 2.5-3 oz (Thickness: 1.0-1.2mm --- 3/64")
- 3.5-4 oz (Thickness: 1.4-1.6mm --- 1/16")
- 4.5-5 oz (Thickness: 1.8-2.0mm --- 5/64")
- 5.5-6 oz (Thickness: 2.2-2.4mm --- 3/32")
- 8-10 oz (Thickness: 3.2-4.0mm --- 1/8"-5/32")
Size: Average 3-5 sq. ft.
Grade: These are bellies, therefore the quality is not great. Expect loose areas, holes, scratch marks, and other blemishes.
Back Side: Plated smooth. These bellies are not refinished and therefore have splotchy areas of Havana color and other areas of natural color throughout.