Giardini Fluorescent Italian Leather Edge Paint - 5 Colors, 2 Bottle Sizes
**Please note** -- It is recommended that you first apply a layer of 1) colored Basic Edge Paint, typically white, then 2) the Fluorescent paint, and finally 3) a top coat such as the Clear Glossy Top Coat or Clear Matte Top Coat.
Made in Italy, the Giardini Fluo Edge Paint comes in 5 fluorescent colors. To obtain this particular finish, it must be used in combination with the white Giardini Basic Edge Paint, and finished with a matte or glossy top coat. The actual paint is very similar to traditional leather edge paints, however the pigments used in this edge paint are different and allow for extremely vibrant fluorescent colors.
Giardini vs Fenice and others:
- Thicker edge with a single application
- 50% better cracking test
- 30% better adhesion
- Color resistance to UV rays
- 10x more sustainable and eco-friendly
- Better VOC (this means less unhealthy gases being let off)
About Giardini Fluo Edge Paint:
Fluorescent edge paint is based on the MAXEDGE polyurethane polymer and was obtained thanks to the inclusion of particular fluorescent powder pigments inside the original base resin.
The Fluo Edge Paint is available in 5 colors colors and should be used with caution. The powder pigments within the Fluo paint do not have the same ability to coat a leather edge as the pigments used in colored edge paint do. Therefore, do not apply the Fluo Edge Paint directly to the leather edge. To obtain the fluorescent effect it is advised that you first apply a colored paint as a base (generally the white color), which allows you to enhance the fluorescence of the paint.
It is also recommended to apply a clear top coat such as glossy or matte as the final topcoat, which protects the surface and enhances the brightness of the paint. Once dry, the Fluo Edge Paint has excellent elasticity and great adhesion, which ensure high quality and durable finishing over time.
- Application: By hand or machine (remember to lightly stir before using)
- Dry Time: 25 minutes at room temperature
- Storage Temperature: 50*F to 86*F (10*C to 30*C)
- Shelf Life: 18 months
Application of the Fluo Edge Paint:
- We highly suggest first applying 1 coat of Basic Edge Paint - White color. This allows for an improvement in the adhesion and smooth consistency of the Fluo paint.
- Please see the video on this page on how to use the Fluo Paint.
- Not required, but if you prefer a thicker edge you can apply a 2nd coat of the Fluorescent paint.