Giardini Clear Glossy Top Coat
Made in Italy, the Giardini clear glossy top coat is used as the the final layer on colored and fashion paints. The clear top coat has two main purposes: 1) as a clear glossy finish on the leather edge, and 2) as a protective layer against the environment such as UV rays that can fade colors over time.
The protective clear gloss can be applied by hand or machine. It is an extremely elastic product as has a little risk of cracking over time. This product is made from several hybrid resins that provides it with high gloss and protective characteristics.
Giardini vs Fenice and others:
- Thicker edge with a single application
- 50% better cracking test
- 30% better adhesion
- Color resistance to UV rays
- 10x more sustainable and eco-friendly
- Better VOC (this means less unhealthy gases being let off)
About Giardini Protective Clear Gloss:
- Application: By hand or machine
- Dry Time: 50 minutes at room temperature
- Storage Temperature: 50*F to 86*F (10*C to 30*C)
- Shelf Life: 24 months
Application of the Protective Clear Gloss:
- First, you will have applied either a basecoat or edge paint color to the leather edge.
- Once the basecoat and/or paint has dried, lightly sand the edges until the surface is smooth.
- Now apply the clear glossy top coat to the leather edge by hand or machine. It will take 50 minutes to dry.
- When wet, this top coat will be white in color, but after drying it will become clear and glossy, showing the edge paint color underneath.