Giardini Basecoat Dense, 4 sizes
Made in Italy, the Giardini MAXMATT Basecoat Dense is what says it is, a basecoat, the first coat on the leather edge used to prep for the next layer of colored edge paint such as the Basic Edge Paint, Fluorescent, or Metallic. The Basecoat dense makes for a stronger adhesion both between the leather and the basecoat dense, and then the basecoat dense to the colored edge paint. Due to its denser characteristics, it also helps to fill in the uneven surface of the leather edge for a smoother layer. This is especially true when you have combined two layers of leather together, as the basecoat dense will make the gap between the two layers invisible.
The Basecoat Dense can be applied by hand or machine. Once it has dried it can be sanded or brushed to make the surface smooth.
Giardini vs Fenice and others:
- Thicker edge with a single application
- 50% better cracking test
- 30% better adhesion
- Color resistance to UV rays
- 10x more sustainable and eco-friendly
- Better VOC (this means less unhealthy gases being let off)
About Giardini Basecoat Dense:
The Basecoat dense was developed for manufacturers and crafters as an edge prep product to facilitate better adhesion (less edge paint peeling), and smoother edges.
- Application: By hand or machine
- Dry Time: 30 minutes at room temperature
- Storage Temperature: 50*F to 86*F (10*C to 30*C)
- Shelf Life: 12 months
Application of the Basecoat Dense:
- Begin by applying by hand or machine a layer of Basecoat Dense. **Please note it appears white when wet, but once dried is semi-transparent**
- Please see the video on this page on how to use the Basecoat.
- If you want a thicker edge repeat Step 1 and apply a 2nd layer of Basecoat. You may not need to sand again if the edges are smooth.